Sign up for priority access to special promotions, upcoming events, discount codes, and more!
(Taxes & International Shipping extra, as applicable)
|Country of dispatch||India|
|Delivery charges||Domestic shipping free, International will be charged extra|
|Depth in inches||N/A|
|Width in inches||36|
|Height in inches||27|
|Made by||Maithillee Zaveri|
|framed||No, rolled in pipe|
Maithillee Zaveri is a fine artist, painter, born and brought up in New Delhi, India on 3rd August 1989. Graduated from The British School, New Delhi in 2008 with a degree in the IB. Within that same year, she moved to Singapore and graduated in 2011 with a BFA degree in fine arts painting from The Lasalle College of the arts.
Having grown up in the capital, her love for Indian Architectures and the Colors of nature grew tremendously. Throughout her life, Maithillee has always been fascinated by the intricacies and craftsmanship on these architectural Monuments, forts and palaces. She started experimenting them in Black + White while using mixed mediums on paper as she believes, that Black + White is an interpretation of reality and they flourish even today. They take attention away from the texture, tonal contrast, shape, form and lighting effects with a touch of a color as well. Hence, she tries to capture the intricacies as closely as possible while making her artworks live from the spot and, filling in the shades by carefully visualizing them in black + white. Naturally she fell in love with the Black + white concept of architectures and its intricacies + craftsmanship.
Maithillee’s love for nature has been another part of her journey as she relates nature to peace. Most of her landscape paintings depict the flow of waterfall or antique doors leading to peace. She believes creating peaceful & serene landscapes because it makes her feel at peace just by the flow of the water. She experimented using acrylics which she fell in love with because of its fast-drying process and the different merging techniques. Her interest in Black + whites and landscapes was cultivated during her teenage years and further developed when she opted to take her BFA Degree in Fine arts, painting.
After completing her degree, Maithillee started capturing landscape photographs and then she would merge 3-4 images in her sketchbook to create her own composition. The images that Maithillee takes on her walks in the landscape are only part of the narrative. She practices the dabbing, etching and merging technique to create her works and her works, are collaborated between herself and the land. Maithillee cherishes this peaceful connection with nature. She believes, copying art is easy but creating your own masterpieces is not. It needs a lot of planning and no artist should be judged, criticized, analyzed or compared without knowing the story behind their art.
Maithillee has also taught drawing & painting to the under privileged children as a teacher. She has also taught art and craft as a guest lecturer at the Blind school, New Delhi.
Maithillee was selected as one of the best art students from The British School to be featured in the Oxford University local Magazine (2006) and her works had been on display there till 2010. In 2009, she got the best mural artist award from The Lasalle College of The Arts, Singapore. In 2004, she got the best award at the Pragati Maidan, New Delhi art competition. She has also been honored as chief guests in couple of art exhibitions.
Born and brought up in New Delhi on 3rd Aug 1989
- 2003 – 2007: Graduated from the Allahabad University of music in New Delhi.
- 2004: Went to Saraswati music college for summer course in fine arts, painting
- 2005 – 2006: Cambridge IGCSE in fine arts painting from The British School, New Delhi
- 2006: Went to the Visual arts centre of New Jersey for a summer course
- 2006 – 2008: International Baccalaureate Program from The British school
- 2008: Graduated from The British School, New Delhi
- 2008 - 2011: Lasalle College of the Arts, Singapore. Diploma in fine arts
- 2011 – GIA summer course, New Delhi
- 2017 (May – June) Internship as a program manager at space 118, Mumbai
- 2017: Opened my personal Art studio
- 2019: (Upcoming) India Art Festival, Mumbai
- 2017: Aurora at The British School, New Delhi
- 2015: Spandan’s Lens of life, New Delhi
- 2014: Spandan's inter flow 7 at Kala academy, Goa
- 2014: Spandan 4 at Jawarlal kala kendra, Jaipur
- 2014: Aroma 5 at the Cymroza art gallery, Mumbai
- 2014: Rangchitran 2 at Arpana Kaur art gallery, New Delhi
- 2013: The Rising Tide at The British Commission, New Delhi
- 2013: Art Call group exhibition at Genesis Art Galleria, Bangalore
- 2011: Group exhibition at the Lasalle College of the arts, Singapore
- 2010: Group exhibition at the Lasalle College of the arts, Singapore
- 2008: Group exhibition at The British school, New Delhi
- 2007: Group exhibition at the Indian Habitat center, visual art gallery, New Delhi
- 2007: Group exhibition at the British school, New Delhi
- 2005: taught art and craft as a guest lecturer & basic computer skills at Manav seva Sanstha school, New Delhi
- 2004: taught craft work as a guest lecturer at the Blind school, New Delhi
- 2018: Won the Little India Foundation 2019 Calendar Hunt Title
- 2018: Certificate of Artistic Excellence by Little India Foundation
- 2018: Certificate of Artistic Excellence by World art branding conclave
- 2015: Best Painting award at Spandan’s Lens of life, New Delhi
- 2014: Indian Dressage League (horse show) Gold medalist
- 2009: Best mural art work on the wall of The lasalle college of the arts
- 2005: Best clay sculpture at Cambridge university, London through The British school, New Delhi
- 2004: Best art work at Pragati Maidan Art Competition Festival, New Delhi
ARTISTS I HAVE WORKED WITH:
- 2005 – 2008: Soumen Datta
- 2007: Subroto Kundu
- 2008: Sanjay Bhattacharya